Do you ever wonder...
One of the biggest decisions you'll ever make when changing or simply updating your decor will be the one of color. We constantly get asked "what colors would you recommend", "do you see that color going out anytime soon", and "I don't even know what colors to start with."
Well, fortunately for you, we have our eye on many design trends, and we're happy to help you select colors!
Like Easter eggs in a basket, how could you choose???
I bet you can. Here are some simple suggestions to help you:
1. Find a color you LOVE (that was easy).
2. If you want a calmer space, choose colors which are analogous, meaning right next to or close to each other on the color wheel.
3. Love that yellow daffodil, or that perfect purple pansy? (It's spring I can't help myself...) Use that color! But look closely at nature again and you'll see that neutral colors dominate the landscape and the brighter colors are used in small parts.
4. Ask the paint experts when they're mixing to mute the color with a gray, bringing the intensity down a bit.
5. Carry 2-3 of the same color through rooms that transition into each other, to help the space feel more congruent.
6. Use your strong colors for less visited rooms such as libraries, powder rooms etc. (It makes them feel important--yes small rooms have feelings too)
7. Notice spaces other than walls that could benefit from a pop of color or a color change. Some of those surfaces could be ceilings, floors, stairs and doors!
As always, if you're stuck in a rut, or just plain needing ideas, come visit us here at the LIV Showroom, or give us a call and set-up an appointment with one of our talented designers, we're sure to find a color to make you happy!