"Just a spoonful of Sugar..."
When starting a project, my optimism is high and I often feel like singing the song from "Mary Poppins"; "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun, you find the fun and SNAP the job's a game..." you know the tune, right? If only the fun could last... Before I know it, the sugar is gone and things turn sour...
We've all been there. Simply trying to "survive" a home redo or renovation, which inevitably drags on longer than expected, costs more than planned and makes us nuts! From a seemingly simple paint job to a complete overhaul of your kitchen, there is stress and craziness.
So, how do you deal with this inevitable part of the design and decorating world? Here's a few short tips which will hopefully help you no matter what you're trying to accomplish.
1. This first one will literally keep you from going "cuckoo"! It will take time. Yes. It will take more time than you'd originally thought. Mentally plan for that and you'll be miles ahead of the rest of us.
2. Close your eyes! There will be a mess. Creativity and change are messy. Be prepared for things in your life to be incredibly upside down.
Mess = Progress
3. Keep calm! Something will go wrong. Accept it now. Even the best planned projects have little glitches (and sometimes big glitches). DON'T FREAK-OUT! There is always a solution!
4. Chin-up! It won't last forever, even when it seems like it's dragging on for an eternity, it really will be only a little while.
5. Last but not least; Consult an expert! If you're ever in over your head, stuck, or need a little guidance, we're here to help!
A quick consult with one of our talented designers will have you singing the tune to "Mary Poppins" before you know it!
Here's to staying Sane!