NOW HIRING: OPERATIONS Manager
Liv Design Collective is an established company based in the Salt Lake City area expanding regionally and nationally in the luxury residential and commercial interior design industry. With award-winning design and a passion for serving clients, we are experienced and growing. We are looking for the right team member to set us up for even more success and growth. Our team is small but skilled and smart. As national industry leader in design we focus on total solutions for clients, architects and builders. Our designers do world-class work, but we also know it’s not about pillows!
ENOUGH ABOUT US...HERE'S THE PROFILE OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- You love the job of “chief cook and bottle washer” – that part of small business that says “just get it done.
- You don’t tolerate low quality, waste or inefficiencies.
- You pride yourself on being the very best you can be.
- You drive yourself harder than anyone else ever would or could.
- You manage your time better than any other and always exceed job requirements.
- You have a passion for both top-line opportunities and bottom-line celebrations.
- You pride yourself with the ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally to customers, clients, vendors, and designers.
- You have remarkable organizational skills and are confident managing client order with lots of details.
ROLE AND BEHAVIORAL DESCRIPTIONS
- Take pride in seeing that the organization is set up for world-class experiences for our clients, contactors and stellar, small team.
- Doing everything necessary to ensure that our operation is “World Class” in every way. Candidly, we need to grow into that. We’re a small business with a passion to grow and need the support of one with the vision of possibilities on a small business budget.
- Contributing in objectively measurable ways to the success of all others in the organization.
- Being irrevocably engaged in our business interests and long-range business potential.
- Managing all the details devoid of glamour that occur in all small businesses from answering phones to paying bills.
- Be flexible in the approach and absolutely committed to the result. Example: Installs and home shows are on a tight schedule sometimes. This is far from 24/7, but if the client or project requires the occasional late night you know the pizza party starts at 11pm and then it is about pillows!
- Systems guru. Whether paper files (joking), servers or selecting the right app, you’re comfortable choosing an efficient and sustainable solution. It doesn’t have to have slick-style but it has to work – every time. You’re the leader who can think ahead about solutions and design the system to work efficiently every time because we can’t let our clients down. Bonus: You are well-versed in TQM, Lean and/or other cutting-edge manufacturing systems.
- Intuitive and thinking ahead – sometimes there isn’t time to get clear communication and you can anticipate what will be needed.
- Enjoys the pressure of a get-it-done-now-challenge.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operations & Office Management including bookkeeping, tech support, scheduling, data management, inventory management, and all the support a small business needs.
- Propose, attain, maintain and communicate performance measurements in operations and finance.
- Purchase furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) as designed and selected by Interior Designers.
- Monitor the progress of orders and delivery status of product and identify purchasing schedule including order entry and delivery milestones.
- Collaborate design team to ensure the best practices and processes for product ordering and tracking.
- Manage and maintain a clean, attractive and well-stocked and styled, and priced showroom floor.
- Create mutually beneficial relationships with our chosen vendor associates and coordinate smart and proactive purchasing.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the operation.
- Finance management, more than just looking back (accounting) you will look forward and plan (finance) including overseeing timely and accurate reporting
- Quality control: contracts, projects, ordering & inventory management, etc.
Team: Oversee employee & designer management; participate in hiring, orientation and training.
Email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Operations Director"- (Your Name)". In the email, please include the following:
- A note about yourself
If you think you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you! Or if you know someone who would be a good fit, please pass this on to them!