NOW HIRING: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Office & Inventory Management
- Serve as the point person for maintenance, mailing, filing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, checks to bank, and errands
- Develop and organize office operations and detailed procedures & training videos and keep Showroom Bible & Operations Manual updated with current procedures.
- Manage contract, new accounts, and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Provide general support to visitors
- Make certain all showroom products are marked & tagged
- Keep showroom cleaned, organized and with current products (eliminate discontinued)
- Assist design manager in developing design center products/samples (catalogs, samples of flooring, hardware, wallpaper)
- Keep price lists updated and accessible (cloud based)
- Keep procedure documents updated and available to teams
- Keep line list updated and accessible
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord
- Keep track of inventory count at showroom & warehouse on a monthly basis
Purchasing & Financial Management
- Manage operations budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting and payment of bills
- Play a key role in budgeting, controlling costs and keeping the organization on track financially under the direction of the Accountant/Controller.
- Study business forecasts, sales reports and financial statements to find ways to maximize results.
- Create financial & operational reporting and meet with management monthly to review.
- Control costs and find ways to improve financial efficiencies and minimize spending.
Supervisory & Client Relations
· Manage, develop, and motivate the design associates while maintaining a high level of customer contact and achieve sales goals
· Optimize client relationships by executing a defined account plan and executive summary of activities
· Clearly communicate with clients about policies, procedures, and processes
· Create new folders for each new client with Liv Packet, contracts, general conditions, delivery and storage contracts, & marketing lead info
· Coordinate the process, quality and content of all client bids and requests for proposals
· Invoice and track client payment. Collect weekly on outstanding invoices
· Work with designers to indentify purchasing schedule, including order entry and delivery milestones
· Coordinate the progress of orders and delivery status of product.
· Generate reports for project timelines & profitability for review
· Coordinate marketing program for all projects (events, neighbourhood mailers, yard signs)
· Keep in regular communication with client with billable hour and tracking status
· Organize, maintain, and file project binders and electronic documentation per the firm’s standards
- Solve problems or resolve debates that arise amongst staff or with customers.
- Have the final say in questions of pricing, returns, and discounts
- Oversee staff needs and evaluate performance through interviews every 6 months.
- Write and post jobs offerings/descriptions and hire and fire staff as needed
- Prepare staff meeting agenda and conduct staff meetings and make assignments
- Use task management software (Asana) to manage staff and communicate completed tasks with management
Job Skill Requirements:
1. Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
2. Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
3. Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
4. Proficiency in MS Office
5. Strong computer & accounting skills required
6. Extraordinary customer service skills and pleasing demeanor
7. Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally to staff, clients, and vendors.
8. Confident managing client orders
9. Remarkable organizational and finance skills
10. Self-motivated and hard work ethic
· 4 year college degree, Degree in Business, Design or Finance preferred
· 3 years of general office admin experience
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- This is an employee position paid hourly
- Pay will be based on experience but between $16-20 per hour
- Part-time to full-time with hours to vary per week but generally 20-30 hours. Three (3) days minimum per week.
- Schedule is somewhat flexible but most hours must be worked M-TH during normal hours of 10am-5pm. Some evenings and weekends necessary for client appointments.
Key Team Relationships: Senior Designers, Finance Controller, Owners
Email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Interior Designer"- (Your Name)". In the email, please include the following:
- A note about yourself
If you think you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you! Or if you know someone who would be a good fit, please pass this on to them!